Join us on a 10-night dive trip aboard the premier live-aboard – The Solomon PNG Master (formerly known as the M/V Taka) on October 5-18, 2019!
Untouched by influences of the modern world, the Solomon Islands are considered the most authentic destination of the South Pacific. Located on the western fringe of the Pacific, northeast of Australia, the Solomon's comprised of 992 islands, extending some 1000 miles south-east from Papua New Guinea. Rich in culture, this pristine paradise is one of the Pacific’s best-kept secrets and offers the visitor a unique and unforgettable holiday experience.
Situated to the south-east of Papua New Guinea and only 3 hours by air from Fiji, the Solomon Islands are one of the most peaceful and beautiful areas of the Pacific. The Solomon Islands comprise 992 islands, of which 147 are inhabited. The estimated population of 560,000 are predominately Melanesian, while some outer islands are home to Polynesians and Micronesia's. The local people appear shy but are very friendly. Most live a subsistence village lifestyle retaining many traditional and ancient customs.
DIVE TRIP QUICK FACTS:Expedition Dates:
October 05, 2019 - October 18, 2019Price: $5160 USD Early bird discount $4660 USD. Deposit Required: $500 USD non-refundable Booking Status: Currently Taking Reservations Trip Hosted By: Scuba Center This is a partner trip! BOOK THIS ADVENTURE
Solomon PNG Master (Taka) is a 30 metre (100 foot) mono hull live-aboard dive vessel. Built in 2004 and custom designed for diving, the vessel offers the best liveaboard accommodation in Solomon Islands. She is spacious inside and out and in addition to generously sized cabins, we have lots of shared space both inside and out for lounging and mingling. All upper deck cabins have en-suite toilets and showers. All rooms are also fully air-conditioned.
Our large and open dive deck offers excellent storage capacity for all of your dive gear. We have specifically designed camera facilities to ensure your delicate equipment is treated gently.
The majority of our dives are done directly off the deck rather than off skiffs meaning we can offer more dives and longer dives than any other operator.
In 2018, the liveaboard vessel TAKA II became part of Master Liveaboards. Master Liveaboards was founded to bring divers to the best dive locations and provide an unsurpassed liveaboard diving experience.
What Is Included:
- Roundtrip airport transfer Honiara to Solomon PNG Master (also known as TAKA II)
- 10 nights accommodation aboard Solomon PNG Master (Including all meals onboard)
- Up to 5 dives daily
- Diving, tanks, and weights
- Kastom Reef Tax*
* These payments go to the village elders on the various islands we visit to allow us to dive in the most pristine areas and to have the locals work to keep them that way.
Not included in the package:
- Incidental charges: Individual group members will be responsible for their own charges including but not limited to beverages and bar bill, telephone, internet usage, sightseeing, equipment rental of any sort, gratuities and any other items of a personal nature.
Please note the following:
- Scuba certification card and proof of scuba insurance required. We recommend all divers purchase DAN membership
- We highly recommend all travellers purchase travel insurance.
- This vessel like most has the right to implement a fuel surcharge.
- Dive computers are mandatory for each guest.
- A passport is required for travel.
What Else You Need To Know:
Diving in the Solomon Islands is nothing less than spectacular! These islands have some of the most pristine dive sites in the whole world! Unspoiled and uncovered, the remote location means there are not many other divers putting pressure on the reef and underwater wildlife. They have caverns, reefs, large sea fans, soft corals and lots of macro including a huge diversity of nudibranchs, pygmy seahorse, ghost pipefish and more. The reef is covered in a variety of hard corals home to mandarin fish, eels and masses of reef fish. Many of the islands are surrounded by deep walls which allow divers to interact with schools of pelagics. The diversity of the Solomon’s is hard to beat. We have designed a custom itinerary to allow diving many of the best dive sites around the Russell and Morovo Island groups without the large crowds!
Solomon Islands Facts:
Language – Predominately English speaking throughout although Melanesian Pijin is spoken by locals.
Climate – The Solomon Islands enjoy a tropical climate with daytime temperatures averaging 84F and evening temperatures averaging 66F. April to November is the most popular time to visit as the climate is very pleasant with little rain but the Solomon Islands are definitely considered a year-round destination.
Currency – The currency of the Solomon Islands is the Solomon Dollar.
Electricity – 240 volts AC, Plug I – same as Australia.
VISA and PASSPORT Requirements – Canadian, U.S., British, Commonwealth and E.E.C visitors do not need to obtain a visa before arrival. (Subject to change). Passports must be valid for 6 months after your departure.
- Master Cabin #2 – The largest cabin and one of a kind. Regular Price – $6530 USD Early bird discount – $6030 USD.
- Deluxe cabins on the top deck – Regular Price – $5980 USD. Early bird discount – $5480 USD.
- Standard cabins in the lower deck – Regular Price – $5160 USD. Early bird discount – $4660 USD.
All rates quoted by Scuba Center include a 2% discount for cash/check payments. Credit cards not accepted for airline ticket payments.
We’ll begin this Pacific adventure with a flight to Fiji and an overnight at a beach resort 20 minutes from the airport. The following day we fly to Honiara and board liveaboard Taka II.