The Maldives are a dream dive destination, and this Shedd Adventure offers the best of the best! Male and Ari Atolls’ channels and pinnacles beckon with opportunities for drift diving among mantas, hammerheads and other sharks, giant trevallies and more pelagic species. You’ll have plenty of time to dive the reefs just off white-sand beaches and enjoy night dives where we might encounter whitetip reef sharks, rays and sleeping sea turtles. Our own sleeping, dining and relaxing accommodations are on a roomy, well-appointed liveaboard.
DIVE TRIP QUICK FACTS:Expedition Dates:
February 23, 2019 - March 03, 2019Price: Starting at $3,150 USD Deposit Required: $750 USD non-refundable Booking Status: Currently Taking Reservations Trip Hosted By: Shedd Adventures BOOK THIS ADVENTURE
There are between five and six divers per dive guide; divers are not required to follow a dive guide. You should be comfortable with drift dives; some dives may have strong currents. No minimum number of dives is required. Diving in the Maldives is often reliant on the current as this is when we get the most “action dives.” Currents can vary from gentle to extremely strong. Many dive sites are transformed by medium-plus currents that give us lots of encounters with sharks, trevallies and schooling reef fishes. The action is found at the point where the current is rushing against the thila (pinnacle) or into the mouth of a channel. Divers who need to get to this point may need to descend quickly (sometimes a negative descent) and use leg work to fin against the current. Therefore, a good level of fitness is needed to enjoy the best action. The moon phase, seasonal changes and incoming or outgoing tides have a big impact on current strength and visibility. Visibility is changeable and can range from 10m to 30m+ depending on conditions, current and the season.
What Is Included:
- 1-night hotel accommodation at Jen Hotel Male, Male City, Feb. 23, 2019
- 7-night accommodation onboard M/V Emperor Serenity (3 cabin types to choose from, all based on double occupancy)
- 3 meals daily plus snacks while onboard the m/V Emperor Serenity
- Water, coffee/tea, wine with dinner
- Up to 17 dives, weights, belt and tanks
- Free nitrox (must be Nitrox-certified)
- Airport transfers, local taxes
What Else You Need To Know:
Rates are in USD, based on a per person, on double occupancy. Rooms have a double and a single bed.
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare
- Soft drinks and alcoholic drinks not listed above
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses and optional purchases
- Ask for departures from a different city – airfare from Chicago*
- Room category upgrades, non-diver, single & triple occupancy and child rates also available. Please inquire.
- Accepted forms of payment vary per trip. Inquire within.
- Rate subject to change, especially if booking within 90 days of travel.
- Deposit amount will increase closer to departure.
For more details download the brochure: Fact Sheet – Maldives