If you are an active Midwest diver (or have had multiple dives in cold water elsewhere) consider joining us on this trip.
Most divers think tropics when they plan their dive destination. However, some of the most colorful, diverse and fascinating diving can be found off the coast of British Columbia. In 2014 Scuba Center ran a trip to the same area and the group is still talking about it. To say they were blown away is an understatement. It’s a whole new world of colorful fish and invertebrates. Photographers have a field day taking photos or videos of subjects they likely have never seen before. We are excited to announce a return trip to God’s Pocket, British Columbia.
God’s Pocket is an eco-lodge nestled in a beautiful protected bay on the very northern tip of Vancouver Island. After a day of diving, God’s Pocket Resort offers home-cooked meals, comfortable and cozy accommodations with a warm shower in every room. God’s Pocket runs completely off-grid (No internet or cell service is available.), and is focused on both leaving as little a footprint as possible (a constant evolution), and giving people a chance to re-educate about and re-integrate themselves with nature (both above and below the waves).
DIVE TRIP QUICK FACTS:Expedition Dates:
September 04, 2020 - September 13, 2020Price: $3450 USD per person / double occupancy (single rate available) Deposit Required: $500 USD is required at registration Booking Status: Currently Taking Reservations Trip Hosted By: Scuba Center BOOK THIS ADVENTURE
You will be diving the God’s Pocket Marine Provincial Park There are 3 planned boat dives daily with additional diving from the dock available at no extra charge. Many of the dive sites are just a few minutes from the dock including the world famous Browning Wall. Diving from the dock is excellent with frequent Giant Pacific Octopus sightings. Additionally, you find macro life is abundant with frequent sightings of nudibranchs, anemonies, and shrimp. Sea lions typically will join you on many of the dives.
What Is Included:
- 6 nights accommodation at God’s Pocket
- 3 meals daily, with the possibility of lunch being on the boat between dives
- 5 dive days with 3 boat dives each (1 x two-tank and 1 x one-tank)
- Tanks (85cu ft)* and weights
- Roundtrip boat transfers from Port Hardy, Vancouver Island
- September 5 arrival transfer from Vancouver Int’l Airport to Pacific Gateway Hotel (utilizing hotel shuttle bus)
- September 5 – 6, 1-night accommodation (incl. tax) at Pacific Gateway Hotel
Note: Pacific Gateway Hotel is one of the closest hotels to the airport (with exception of the Fairmont right in the airport), and also in close proximity to the South Terminal.
- September 6 departure transfer to Vancouver Airport South Terminal (utilizing hotel shuttle bus – there are not many hotels who offer a transfer to the South Terminal)
- September 6 one-way scheduled flight with Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to Port Hardy (time TBA)
Note: The flight includes 1 piece of 50lbs luggage per person. An additional “baggage seat” of up to 200lbs has been reserved for the group to share and is included in the price.
- September 12 one way private air-conditioned motorcoach transfer from Port Hardy to Vancouver, including ferry cost, terminating at Pacific Gateway Hotel
- September 12 – 13, 1-night accommodation (incl. tax) at Pacific Gateway Hotel
- September 13 departure transfer from the hotel to Vancouver Int’l Airport (utilizing hotel shuttle bus)
What Else You Need To Know:
- Nitrox – available for a charge
*Additional charge if Nitrox certified and you choose to dive Nitrox during the trip.
- Roundtrip international flights to Vancouver
- Meals other than at God’s pocket
- Incidental charges: Individual group members will be responsible for their own charges including but not limited to beverages and bar bills, telephone, internet usage, sightseeing, equipment rental of any sort, gratuities, gift shop purchases, and any other items of a personal nature.
*Accepted forms of payment vary per trip. Inquire within.
Rate subject to change, especially if booking within 90 days of travel.
Deposit amount will increase closer to departure.
Please note the following:
- This trip is open to divers with their Advanced Diver Certification and a minimum of 50 cold water dives. All Divers must be comfortable with current, live boat diving, diving with a nonprofessional dive buddy, doing blue water descents/ascents and descending on a wall with no bottom. Drysuit diving will also make your experience more comfortable.
- A passport is required for travel.