Join Dive & More for their 2nd underwater fashion masterclass with Zena Holloway in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on May 5-9 2019!
No one does it better than Zena Holloway, world renown British photographer whose work has been published in numerous magazines and multiple ad campaigns around the world. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the master and work with professional freediving models in a magical setting in the middle of the Mexican jungle.
The Cenotes are a natural phenomenon, freshwater caves hidden in the jungle, with crystal clear visibility and beautiful natural flora decorating its rocky walls. The perfect setting for underwater fashion photography!
DIVE TRIP QUICK FACTS:Expedition Dates:
May 05, 2019 - May 09, 2019Price: From $3123 USD per person Deposit Required: $1000 non refundable deposit Booking Status: Currently Taking Reservations Trip Hosted By: Dive and More This is a partner trip! BOOK THIS ADVENTURE
What will be covered during the Workshop?
Underwater Photography – There are many factors which come into play when taking your camera beneath the waves. Learn about the different aspects of underwater photography – settings, housings, lenses, ports, different types of lighting and how to control everything while staying calm. With an emphasis on how to get the most out of your own personal gear.
Shooting People Underwater – How people react when you ask them to pose underwater, what are the common mistakes, which focal range is best, which poses work best, how to keep your model relaxed and healthy, and more!
Makeup, Accessories, Clothing, and Hair – Preparation is key! Learn how to plan your shoot, which materials work best, how to prepare your model and how to control that pesky lump of hair that keeps hiding the models face.
Lighting – Learn how to work with ambient light, when to use strobes, different ways of triggering your strobes, compare various lighting setups and how to get the perfect lighting on your model.
Post Processing – Entering the digital darkroom is an important stage of photography, let alone underwater. The process is not complete until you tweak the image to fit your vision while maintaining the integrity of the image and enhancing the natural properties of your photos. Zena will share some of her post-processing secrets which are an indispensable part of her underwater work.
The Professional Underwater Fashion Photographer – Zena will share with us her own personal story. How she started out, what were her main difficulties and describe her creative process in detail.
- Underwater camera system – Anything from compact to DSLR is welcome, with or without strobes. GoPro’s and similar action cameras are not recommended for this workshop. If you are looking to upgrade your gear before the workshop, participants get 10% discount at Mozaik UW Cameras. Feel free to consult with us beforehand!
If you do not currently have an underwater camera system, we are able to provide one for you. Contact us for details.
- Laptop with image processing software – It’s highly recommended to bring your own laptop equipped with your favorite photo editing software. If you are not currently using one, we recommend getting a 1-month subscription / trial to the Adobe Creative Cloud, and downloading Lightroom, Bridge, Camera Raw and Photoshop before the workshop. For more help with this contact us!
- Photographers that are Non-divers (scuba) are welcome to participate as well in the workshop – The photo shoots will take place in shallow water and can be done while freediving.
- Official Scuba Certification, Open Water, Advanced or above. (For the additional diving days).
- 30+ dives, recommended 50+ (For the additional diving days
We invite you to discover the exciting world of underwater fashion while enjoying everything that Mexico has to offer, and learning the secrets of the trade from one of the leading UW fashion photographers in the world!
What Is Included:
- 4 nights at Mahekal Resort, Garden View room.
- Based on double occupancy divers.
- Non-diver rates and single occupancy available.
- Single participants can be paired up with another same-sex single participant to get the double occupancy rate.
4 Nights Masterclass at Mahekal Resort – $3123 Per Person.
Additional diving days optional upon request.
Included Photography Workshop
- 4 nights accommodation at Mahekal Beach Resort
- Daily continental breakfast
- daily lunch between photo shoots
- private conference room
- transportation to/from airport
- weights, tanks and a full set of gear
- 6 professional freediving models
- Professional styling and wardrobe.
- Professional make up artist.
- 1-day photo shoot at Chikin Ha cenote park.
- Private use of the Cenote.
- 1-day photo shoot at Dos Palmas Cenote.
- Private use of the Cenote.
- 1-day photo shoot at Kantun Chi cenote.
- Private use of the Cenote.
- 3 master classes with Zena Holloway.
- 1 class with Ran Mor.
- Personal assistance during the workshop from Zena Holloway and Ran Mor.
What Else You Need To Know:
* Prices based on double occupancy. Single occupancy rate available.
Zena on UW photography: “The water brings a certain unreality, a mystery. Cameras capture too much sometimes and the water takes it back a step, takes it to almost being like a painting“.
During the workshop Zena will share the vast experience she has accumulated throughout her career, helping participants start out or improve their own UW fashion photography, develop a personal style and create stunning images! If you’re eager to learn more now is the time.
- Additional Meals
- Dive gear and photo gear
- Travel Insurance
- $1000 nonrefundable deposit – Required upon booking to secure your spot.
- Full balance of the trip – By Jan 18th, 2019.
- Payment method- credit card, PayPal or wire transfer.
- Rates subject to change, especially if booking within 90 days of travel.
OUR DIVE SHOP TRAVEL PARTNERS
Dive and More
Dare To Dream!
As partners of “Mozaik UW Cameras” and “UnderwaterPhotography.com”, we at Dive and More have years of experience in the diving and underwater photography industry. Previously known as “Aqua Spirit Dive Expeditions”, we changed our company name to be able to accommodate our unique take on Dive “plus” trips – from Photo & Video Workshops, to Yoga, Dance, Fashion, Food etc.
Our goal is to create tailor made dive trips for our community, encompassing a unique perspective on marine life and photography and a full diving experience which would create a lifetime of memories.
We want to share our love for the ocean with the world, one person at a time.
On most of our dive trips, we combine underwater photography workshops for photographers at all levels. Our professional guides conducts one-on-one sessions during the workshops, working with each of the participants using their own gear and level of expertise.
Our guide will also bring along different sets of housings and lighting for the participants to try out during the trip. Non-photographers are welcome as well of course. They will surely enjoy the wonderful diving and even get amazing photos of themselves underwater!We promise small groups, personal attention and listening to all your needs and preferences.
We welcome you to take part in our vision and embark on a fantastic journey to explore the wonders of the ocean!
Ran, our leading photo expert and trip leader is an experience photographer and photography instructor. Check out his personal website here