We are very sorry to report that as of February 1, 2018, the WAOW is no longer in operation, due to a fire in Biak. She was a fabulous vessel!
Inspired by a dream of the owner, WAOW (Water Adventure Ocean Wide) is a fabulous 58 meter (190 feet) Topsail Schooner built entirely from wood, in the purest tradition of Indonesian boat building. The inaugural sailing for this dive liveaboard in Indonesia was from Bali to Komodo in April 2012. The vessel is one of the most beautiful three masted ships cruising the amazing waters of the Indonesian Archipelago. WAOW has been conceived to navigate under sail whenever possible to further reduce her impact on our fragile environment.
WAOW offers exploration of the most beautiful spots in the Indonesian Archipelago in exceptional style and comfort. Rajah Ampat, Misool, Komodo, Halmahera, Banda Sea, Sonde Islands in addition to Tukang Besi.
With more than 13,500 Islands, The Indonesian Archipelago is one of the largest on the planet. With volcanic origins and positioned between the Indian and Pacific Oceans, the tropical climate and proximity to the equator creates a natural converging crossroad for multiple marine species.
The Archipelago consists of 5 main Seas : Arufa, Java, Banda, Celebes and Molucca. The currents of these seas transport all the necessary nutrients for the development of uncountable coral gardens which make up the reputation of Indonesian diving.
An extraordinary exploration awaits you onboard WAOW, with original itineraries, some of which being far off the beaten tracks.
About the Ship
WAOW has 9 cabins available catering for a guest list of 18 passengers
Each of the cabins is luxurious, spacious and provides all of the amenities expected of a ship of this standing. The disposition of the cabins is as follows
6 Deluxe cabins each of approximately 23m2 (247 sq.ft.) located below the main deck. This is a size well above that proposed on most charter ships, especially sailing ships.
1 Master cabin of approx. 45m2 and located at the rear of the upper deck. This cabin will also have a spacious private sundeck furnished for private use. A totally luxurious cabin providing you the feeling of being "The Master and Commander".
2 Superior cabins of approx. 21m2 (226 sq.ft.) located on the rear of the main deck, with the same size as the standard cabins but with an aft deck area including lounging and dining area
All of the cabins have private bathrooms with shower, separate WC and air conditioning, desk, entertainment system and LED lighting. Each cabin is dedicated to an artist (Gauguin, Miro, Klimt, Kandinsky etc.) and decorated based on this theme.
The daybed in each cabin (90X200cm / 60x79in) can also be used for a third person per cabin, or for twin share purposes. With this charter configuration, WAOW can have a larger capacity of 27 passengers.
Your comfort and onboard experience is of great importance. Please find below a list of facilities available on WAOW to enhance your charter experience.
- Restaurant and Bar area. Seating for 26 people
- Lounge area with TV projection and music facilities
- Dedicated camera room with charging stations 220V/110V plus computer system
- 40m2 (215 sq.ft.) dedicated dive area shaded in the bow of the ship with Nitrox compressors, 3 dive boats, equipment rental
- Sun deck on the foredeck of 40m2 (430 sq.ft.)
- Shaded main deck area of 100m2 (1076 sq.ft.) with tables, deck furniture and showers
- Upper sun deck in front of the wheelhouse of 35m2 (377 sq.ft.)
- Shaded rear deck area of 25m2 (269 sq.ft.)
- Air conditioning throughout the ship including cabins and restaurant/lounge areas
- In room entertainment systems including monitor and onboard movie system
- Internet access with download data allowance
- Massage service for the duration of all cruises
- Full catering service including 3 main meals per day plus snacks after dives
- Full service bar including non alcoholic beverages, wine, beer and spirits
- Fishing equipment
- Windsurf & Paddle board