One of the important items regarding a dive trip is the planning...and what if you only have a week to get ready?
This is what happened to me, when an invitation from the Papua New Guinea Tourism Board arrived...less than 2 weeks to get ready. So, what needs to be done?
- Luckily I had my dive gear service right after my last trip - so it's ready to go!
- Check my passport - yes, it's still valid
- Make sure I'm getting the Australian Visa, as I will be connecting via Brisbane and Sydney
- Make an appointment with my doctor or travel clinic for Malaria medication
- Get travel insurance
- Book a stopover hotel in Sydney for the return flight
- Stop newspaper delivery, set my auto responder, change my voice mail....
- And then start packing: Cameras (yes, I take one for underwater images and one for above water shots), mosquito repellant, granola bars (it's going to be a long trip!), and the usual personal gear, including my dive gear, of course!