Prep Time: 15 minutes.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serves 2-4 as an Appetizer
- ½ lb freshly cleaned Lion fish meat
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, snipped into thin strip’s or cut julienne
- 5 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- ¼ tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced fine
- ¼ tbsp. of grated ginger & minced garlic
- A good Pinch of dried chili, ground cumin, ground coriander
- Vegetable/soy oil for high temp frying
- Cut Lion Fish into small pieces and place in a food processor.
- Combine in a cup/bowl coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste, brown sugar and all pinch spices. Stir and add pour over fish
- Add all remaining ingredients & blend to create a thick paste
- Take a small amount of mixture (golf ball size) & pat into a small cake. Place on a tray/plate and allow to rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Prepare your pan & heat oil for frying, garnish the plate (sliced cucumber, grape tree leaves etc.)
- Fry cakes for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown on that side. Turn once for the same amount of time etc.
- Serve the cakes immediately with sweet chili sauce, fresh coriander and lime wedge
Note: If your fish mix is wet add a little bread crumbs to absorb the moisture
You can make the fish paste up to 24 hours in advance storing it in the fridge.