Dive Trip Quick Facts
Dive the Underwater Realm
Location: Solomon Islands
Trip Dates: November 9, 2019 - November 16, 2019
Trip Host: Dive and More
Price: From $3440 USD. Early Bird Rate: $2940 USD
Required Deposit: $500 USD
Booking Status: Open
Taka is a 30 metre (100 foot) mono hull live-aboard dive vessel. Built in 2004 and custom designed for diving, the vessel offers the best liveaboard accommodation in Solomon Islands. She is spacious inside and out and in addition to generously sized cabins, we have lots of shared space both inside and out for lounging and mingling. All upper deck cabins have en-suite toilets and showers. All rooms are also fully air-conditioned.
Our large and open dive deck offers excellent storage capacity for all of your dive gear. We have specifically designed camera facilities to ensure your delicate equipment is treated gently. The majority of our dives are done directly off the deck rather than off skiffs meaning we can offer more dives and longer dives than any other operator.
What Is Included:
- 7 nights accommodation aboard the Taka liveaboard.
- All meals and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Up to 5 incredible dives a day.
- Night dives.
- Tanks & weights.
- Visit a local village on one of the Islands.
- Round trip transfer from the airport to the port.
- Underwater Photography Classes for those interested.
- $25USD/day reef tax (Kastom fee), to be prepaid
- Dive equipment
- Alcohol drinks
- Optional land tours
What Else You Need To Know:
Diving in the Solomon Islands is nothing less than spectacular. You will find amazing marine biodiversity in its underwater realms. Beautiful Coral walls, huge Sea fans, anemones with bright blue, pink and red colors, tiny creatures such as the Pigmy Seahorse and many different kinds of Nudibranchs, big animals like Sharks, Sea Turtles, and even Manta rays. The waters surrounding the Solomons are full of history as well, airplane wrecks and shipwrecks from World War II. Top it all with a low number of divers every year and you get world-class diving, without the crowds!
Master cabin – The largest cabin, this spacious suite has a double bed, private sitting area, lots of storage and a full ensuite. Regular Price – $4440 USD. Early bird discount – $3949 USD.
Deluxe cabins top deck – These spacious rooms feature either a double bed with a twin bunk above, or two twin beds side by side. Each cabin has a small seating area, storage room, and a full ensuite bathroom. Regular Price – $3995 USD. Early bird discount – $3495 USD.
Standard cabins lower deck – These comfortable rooms each have two twin bunks and a storage cabinet. Shared bathrooms and toilet are on the middle deck. Four of the smaller below deck cabins are offered as single occupancy at the same price. Regular Price – $3440 USD. Early bird discount – $2940 USD.
Underwater Photo Pro, Ran Mor of Mozaik Underwater Cameras will be leading the trip and will offer an UW photo workshop for those interested. If you are not a photographer, he is just an awesome person to dive with and a fantastic trip leader! When he’s around, all you have to do is relax and enjoy!
- During the trip, you will get a chance try out new gear – a different camera/housing, a strobe or wet lens, and test it in one of the many beautiful dives we will have during the week.
- Ran will offer 3 presentations, covering different aspects of underwater photography, wide-angle and macro photography, types of underwater lighting, proper use and positioning of UW strobes and much more.
- Ran is familiar with almost every camera and housing in the market thanks to his work at Mozaik Underwater Cameras and will help you unleash the full potential of your personal gear.